Friday, December 31, 2010

New Years ~ Gainesville Photographer

For me, New Year's Resolutions are more like New Year's wishes... oh, they last for a week or two. But then they slowly slip away. I've done all the right things -- I make them specific. Measurable. Attainable. On a timeline. But yet, a few weeks into the year, they've all slipped away. So this year, I've decided to do something a little different. Instead of making resolutions, I've made a list of all the things I'm looking forward to this year. So, in no particular order:

1. Learning more about photography. Not gonna lie, this is probably the biggest thing I'm looking forward to. I'm admittedly a geek (those of you who know me, definitely know this!). I'm already planning my education options for the coming year. The Courtney Fries workshop I attended this past year was so incredibly helpful that I can't imagine not attending something educational this coming year.

2. New equipment! I'm saving up for a new lens. And. I'm. So. Excited. For. It!  It's true that equipment isn't everything. But honestly, I've gotten to a point in my photography where some of my equipment is holding back my art. So yes... new equipment is on the list. And hopefully soon!

3. Shooting more weddings. Weddings are both fun and challenging; I can't wait to shoot more in the upcoming year!

4. Meeting new clients. I love my current clients. But meeting new clients is such a blessing - I love when clients trust me to capture their memories and life moments! (So quit hiding -- I want to meet you!)

5. New styled shoots. Styled shoots are awesome. I love designing shoots and really hope to do more of this (and if you're looking for something special in the new year, let me know! These are so much fun for me and for my clients; it's a great way for couples to (re)connect, for families to come a little closer together, or for that special person to feel a little more special).

6. For the Love. I can't wait to see what this group of lovely ladies decides to do in the next year! (And gentlemen, too!)


7. Visiting (and shooting in!) new places! I can't wait to see what the new year brings as far as places to shoot and visit! This past year I was blessed and able to shoot a wedding (my first as primary photographer!) in Spain. I'm not sure how I'm going to top that, but the opportunities to shoot in new places local and more distant are there -- and I can't wait to see where they take me (pun intended....).


8. Learning more about business. Yeah. So maybe this isn't my favorite thing on the list. But it's a necessary part of my list if my business is going to continue to grow. So I'm looking forward to the benefits of learning more about the basics of running a business.

9. Shooting for the moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment