Monday, December 27, 2010

For Mom ~ Bellefonte Portrait Photographer


In mid October, Mom asked a favor. She wanted some portraits for a Christmas gift for Dad. Of course I said yes, but what was going through my head was "This is either going to be the easiest or the hardest shoot EVER." Why hard? Because normally, I talk with my clients and get to know them, then spend an hour or so with them during the photo shoot. I get to know a small portion of their personality, highlight a few sides of their "self."  But this is my MOM. She whom carried me in her womb, raised me, encouraged, pushed, scolded, and loved me for all of my 29 years. She's nothing short of amazing; she takes care of everyone (and I mean EVERYONE). She's the most selfless person I know. So yes, when my mom asked me to do a photo shoot with her, I was slightly terrified. How do I portray this amazing person? One of my best friends? A phenomenal mother, a wonderful grandmother?  Of course, we talked about the normal photo shoot necessities -- location, outfit, times, etc. And then she snuck out of the house on a Saturday morning while I was in town, we had coffee with Grandma (another amazing woman!) at the Cafe on the Park, and then headed over to Talleyrand Park for her photos.

And I shouldn't have worried. My mama is so beautiful, a fool could take good photos of her. So here are a few of my favorites, now that it is after Christmas, Dad knows about the photos, and appropriately, on her birthday. Happy Birthday to the best mom in the world, and one of my best friends.



No comments:

Post a Comment