Thursday, December 30, 2010

Your personal paparazzi ~ Gainesville Portrait Photographer


It's after Christmas. The holiday hustle and bustle has subsided. Spring hasn't quite arrived yet. It's that lull of a time between seasons and it's the perfect time to spare a little bit of attention for yourself.

Something came to me the other day, as I was writing the blog post about my mom and her photos. She asked me to take some photos, not because she particularly wanted any of herself, but because she wanted some to give to my dad. Because our husbands, our family, our friends, they love us how we are. So even though so often we think "I'd like to lose 5 pounds" or "I need my hair cut" or any of those thousand other excuses we give; the people that love us don't see that. They see us.

I thought about this again after our For the Love get together (You can see my shots here, here, and here. Photos from Wendy are here!). Jared (my husband) saw the photos Wendy took of me and loved them. Now, I wasn't particularly thrilled with the way I looked that day, but we did all have fun and Wendy is a wonderful photographer who took some great photos of me. As I was on the other side of the lens, I felt a little awkward at first, but then started to have a little bit of fun. It was fun to dress up a little bit, put on a little make up and pretend for awhile that I was the prettiest thing out there. That these were my paparazzi. Because I deserved them.

And I think that's a feeling that everyone deserves. So this spring, take some time for yourself. Or buy a gift certificate for that woman in your life that needs to take time for herself. To feel beautiful. Do it for your husband. Your boyfriend. More importantly, do it for yourself.

Let's set something up that makes you feel beautiful. Forget about that five pounds, that imperfect hair. And let me make you the center of someone's attention for awhile. Let me be your paparazzi. Because you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment