Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Kristina ~ Bridal Portraits

The afternoon of the Courtney Fries workshop last weekend included a bridal portrait shoot -- complete with gorgeous dresses, amazing shoes (!), World War II planes at the Fantasy of Flight museum, and an incoming storm. Our two models, Kristina and Jacquelyn, were nothing short of fabulous -- beautiful ladies, inside and out! Ohh, and, me taking a huge step out of my comfort zone, shot the ENTIRE shoot in manual... and while I definitely had photos that weren't the right exposure, or the focus wasn't quite right, the majority were pretty close. So, thanks to the urging of Courtney, hopefully I will be getting a lot more familiar with my camera and shooting in manual more often!

Lots of photos from this shoot, so it'll be a few different blog posts. For today, here are some shots of Kristina -- this girl is high fashion!













4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love them all!! And I like the new blog layout...the bigger photos look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget the blog and the lady!! Where are those planes at!!??

    ReplyDelete
  3. The contrast between the planes and the bride are inspiring, probably because they are so unrelated. My picks are the second photo and the last photo. I very much enjoy her dress and her vintage look. The last photo rather resembles those bombshell girls that were on the WWII planes, which makes it so awesome.

    These are quite impressive. I want to see more. Feel free to email if you don't want to post them all.

    You inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy!

    JM -- Fantasy of Flight museum in Polk City. Not big, but some cool stuff. And you can go for a ride in a biplane.

    Shrig -- check your email. :)

    ReplyDelete