Friday, July 9, 2010

Introducing...

Some of you that already know this news probably think I've just been remiss about blogging it. Allow me to explain... I became an aunt (again -- I already have a a beautiful niece, Emma) a week ago today, to two precious babies. Yes, twins! My little brother (okay, he's not so little anymore, but he's always going to be my little brother), Brian and his wife, Jen, were blessed with twins that were born at 6:08 and 6:09 pm on Friday, July 2nd. Mason Samuel and Kirra Lynn (don't you love the names? Modern first names, with family names as middle names?) made their appearance several weeks early, but are very healthy for their age and size! A few quick photos, stolen from my Dad, since, living over 1000 miles away it will be a bit before I get to meet these two little munchkins (although not too long, since Jared and I are heading home for our summer visit the end of August) (and yes, I'm enjoying the parentheses today... don't hate).


Internet, welcome Kirra!


And Mason!

So while I'm incredibly excited to be an aunt again, events like these are always a little bittersweet for me. It always reminds me just how far away from home I am, and coming from a very tightly knit family, that's hard.  It always makes me question if I really need to be this far from home, and although the answer is, right now, yes, I am ever so hopeful that soon (a relative term in academia) my career will bring me closer to my family. But that doesn't fix everything, because being here, Jared and I have encountered and become close to so many wonderful people. As Miss Barbara so wisely put it the other day "We're your family now." And it's true. I have my family. And I have my Florida family. And I am ever so much better because of all of you. So while right now, I am far from "home," I am also home. And I will get home to meet my new niece and nephew. Soon. And I will spoil them rotten and take in all of their baby smelling goodness.

And I promise lots of pictures. :)

1 comment:

  1. Kirra said to tell Aunt Sarah that she wants a pony with pink ribbons in it's main and tail.

    ReplyDelete