Friday, July 16, 2010

Fix-it Friday

So, I just found (or re-found) the coolest little (okay, not so little) blog, iheartfaces.com. Each Friday, they post a photo that needs a little "fixing up." For the sake of forever improving my editing (and because these are photos that I can play around with, with no judgements!) I'm making it a point to participate! So here goes, for my first one.

The orginal photo:



This photo screamed vintage to me -- the chair and the colors just cried out to me!! And who can resist this adorable little girl?

My edit:



What I did (all editing done in PSCS3 Extended):
Cropped tighter to emphasize those eyse and that smile!
Touched up some light/dark areas with MCP Actions Touch of Light/Touch of Dark action
Ran MCP Actions Burnt Edges II
TRA Troy action
TRA Dirt bag texture
Sharpened with TRA Sharp Like a Ninja

What do you think??

To check out other "fixes", check out iheartfaces.com!

6 comments:

  1. Ooooh! I like it! Looks great vintage... Thanks for stopping by my blog and checking out my edit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The desaturation in this photo is a stroke of genus. Then again, we all know the truth :) I do enjoy this photo and even the little lines to make it look that much older.

    Rock on, Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the texture. Very nice edits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful bear. I love how you made her eyes and smile more of a focus in the picture.

    ReplyDelete