Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Restless tonight...

There's a lot running through my head tonight. What could have beens, what could bes. Random thoughts of friends I miss, friends I see daily, and friends I haven't thought of in years. Some resolutions (yes, I know it's June!), or at least some "I'm going to trys." A big part of the restlessness is that I'm going to be an aunt to twins soon, and although they aren't due for another few weeks, they've been threatening to make their appearance sooner rather than later. I keep jumping back and forth between feeling really very excited for them to be born and really wanting them to cook a little longer!


With all of that going on, it is one of those nights where I just can't sit still. I started back to the gym today (ugh, painful after almost a month of being away!), and even after that, I'm still antsy. So after dinner (homemade french bread pizza), I made tomorrow night's dinner:


Chicken salad shells. Sounds a bit weird, I know. But it's oddly good, not to mention simple, easy to make ahead, and cheap. :)  And yes, I put raisins in my chicken salad.

Then, I decided to make some cookies for a special delivery to a friend tomorrow:


Snickerdoodles.... need I say more?  (and I was really digging the shadows...)

And in between all that, dishes got washed (by hand, no dishwasher here other than me!), spent a few minutes outside throwing the tennis ball for the girls, and snapped a few shots for this post... Now I'm wondering whether I should try to sit down and chill out and maybe be able to sleep tonight, or keep going and hope I fall in to bed so exhausted that there's no option other than sleep...

1 comment:

  1. I think this has been a restless night for more then one of us. I, too, struggled to try to keep it together. I keep running things over and over again in my head and it's more then time to put them to bed. So, I ended up walking all over the city tonight. I just got back (it's 11:25 as I type this) and feel better. Walking from 16th and North to the Pier facing Jersey on Chestnut Street (I'll let you googlemap that one) stopping at the pier to look over at Jersey and the Ben Franklin Bridge. Then walked to Independence and sat there for a bit, then home...

    If that won't shake up what's on my mind, not much will. And it worked. I hope you feel better and rest well.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete