Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Catching up....

Wow, it's been awhile since I've posted. It seems like time is flying by since Christmas... so much going on! Quick list of what I've been doing:

- Work. It's been busy. I've gotten one paper accepted for publication (yay!), one on it's way out the door for review and have a few experiments to finish up for another paper (which should go out for review sometime late spring).

- Farm. Between riding the demon pony and keeping the farm up and running, I've definitely gotten my barn time in lately! Everything is starting to settle back down into a routine with all of that, for which I'm extremely grateful!

- The Tudors. Oh, how I have gotten addicted to this show!! I'm not sure if it's the romance of the period, the amazing costumes, or just that I'm a sucker for (good?) history dramas, but since we returned from Pennsylvania we've watched the first season and are most of the way through the second season.....

- Home. Cleaning. Ugh. I really do not like cleaning. Organizing? yes. Cleaning? Heck no. So I've been mixing up a little organizing here with some cleaning there and attacking it all pretty slowly. As part of my organizing, I've been wanting a French memo board to put up near my desk. See, I've got this really large white area right next to my desk. I also have a bunch of photos and tear sheets that I've been wanting to hang somewhere. So instead of spending $20 and buying one of those little 16x20 French memo boards, Jared and I decided to make one. Well, two actually. Two 24x24 boards.... which are fabulously big. After the first minor fail with my gorilla glue soaking through the thin cork I bought and gluing itself to the large particle board I was using for weight, I got things figured out.... Quick pictorial on how I did it:



You can tell that the Bella dog was not overly excited that my project was taking up her living room floor.... And the final product:

(Please ignore the rest of the mess.... it's a work in progress!!)
I'll be back soon, I promise... have a few exciting shoots coming up in the next couple of months!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty! I have that SAME background wallpaper on my computer! ;)

    ReplyDelete