Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Nursery Dreaming


So not only have a lot of my friends been having children lately, but a few weeks ago, Jared and I found out that we are expecting too! "Meatball" is due the end of September. Since we don't know what house we'll be in at that point, my nursery planning is quite limited right now. On top of that, we don't know if Meatball is a boy or a girl, so that limits things a little as well. Although I must say, I am not one of those people that believe girls should have pink and purple and boys should have blue and green and red... We'll see what the colors end up like, since we may not be able to paint in our next rental (and since we're on a fairly limited budget). But here are some things I've found that I like.... So enjoy my little bit of day dreaming!

I like the chair rail and the paneling in the lower half of this room. It always looks so sophisticated to me. I also like the idea of the wall graphics...anyone know if those are removable or not? (From here)

Love the idea of Chinese lanterns! Not only do they give light, but they're fun for baby to look at!
(From here)

Again, I like the wall graphic. And the wall color in this room. (From here)

Aren't these whimsical little sheep cute??? (From here)


This would be awesome for a little boy... (From here)

What nursery decor/items were fun in your nursery or what would you like to have in your future child's nursery?


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I am a lover of Chinese lanterns as well, here's a link to a few pics of my daughter's nursery: http://www.roomzaar.com/rate-my-space/Nurseries/Pink-and-Green-Asian-Safari/detail.esi?oid=524080

    Again, congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah...I am in the same boat when it comes to girls not being "Princessy" and boys being "Sportsy". I am IN LOVE with the wall decors too! Esp the trees. I found some super cute ones on Etsy.com too. You should check it out. They come in customizable colors and have additional pieces like monkeys, owls and birds you can pick too. And the are removable. So exciting!

    ReplyDelete