Thursday, November 25, 2010

Giving thanks

Warning: This is a personal post. Not much to do with photography, just a lot to do with me, my thoughts, and my religion. Consider yourself warned. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's easy to say I'm thankful. For my husband. My family. My job. My health, my friends, my home. And when it comes to those things, I'm thankful. Very thankful. But it's harder for me to be truly thankful for all things.

"In everything give thanks; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you" (1 Thes 5:18)

Thinking back over this past year, there are definitely things for which I don't want to be thankful. There were hard times, long days, and pain. But in all of this, I try to remember that God has a plan for me. And for this I am thankful, because I'm not smart enough to figure it out on my own. One thing that is clear from this past year -- God has put certain people in my life for a reason. On the days when I didn't want to keep walking, when I wanted to curl up in a ball and hide from view, there was always someone there to say "Get up. Move on. This too shall pass." So while there are some things for which I cannot yet bring myself to give thanks for, I offer up a multitude of thanks for those people who have gotten me through those times.

I'm working on being truly thankful. For all things. But it's a work in progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment