Sunday, September 26, 2010

Miami beach, inspiration, and saying hello

It's Sunday night, I'm exhausted, and I haven't picked up a camera all week.* I spent most of this week in Miami Beach at a conference for work. And while Miami Beach is lovely, it rained two of the four days we were there, and most of the other two were mostly spent in a conference room listening to scientific talks. And that's not saying that scientific talks aren't always up my alley, because trust me, I am a nerd at heart. But they are sometimes less than artistically inspiring. (However, one thing I did come away with this weekend is that I really *MUST* workout more... I already knew this, but attending a conference on exercise physiology really made me (a) realize just how many diseases -- which already run in my family -- I can possibly protect myself against by simply working out a little more and (b) think about the idea that if I do intend to continue in this field, perhaps I should practice what I preach....). So in addition to five days in the 305, I have a fellowship to finish up, lectures to prepare, and a ton of samples to process in the lab. The dishes in my sink are piled high, waiting to be washed. Oh, and it looks like a Labrador exploded on my carpet (an every-other-day occurrence).  Things are going to get crazy. Oh, and did I mention I need to get back to the gym again??

Anyways, I guess my main point in this post is really just letting you all know that I'm still here, hanging around. And I hoping you are all hanging around, too... because I'm really glad when you all stop by (even if it's just my mom.... :).  So here's to a good, no, a GREAT week. A productive week. A successful week.  And remembering "That which you manifest is before you." (The Art of Racing in the Rain, G. Stein -- a topic for another post!).  Even if I am considering going to bed at 9pm...


* Okay, not completely true. I did take my trusty little point and shoot to Miami with me, and played around for all of five minutes.... Took this playing with the negative art setting.... sand, ocean, sky!

No comments:

Post a Comment