Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Somewhere between excitement and freaking out...

In four days I will be on a plane to Madrid (with a short stop in London). For the first time in my life, I will be leaving the continent, traveling to a place where they don't speak English (natively, at least), where they use different currency. Part of me is so insanely excited I can barely sleep. Part of me is also petrified! But the saving grace to my fears (which are mostly just due to my need to plan and know what to expect) is that not only is Jared going with me, but we are traveling with two of our closest friends. And, to add even more excitement, the whole reason we are going to Spain is because they are getting married! I met John and Sara while we were all in graduate school.  Sara earned her Master's degree under the same advisor as I had for my graduate degrees and John worked very closely with our lab. John's first words to Sara? "I like your shoes." Seriously -- how can you not love this guy? I've been blessed to not only know these two as great friends and individuals, but I've watched their friendship turn into love. I've watched them build a home, adopt to great dogs, struggle through school and job changes. I've watched them grow as individuals and as a couple. And I can't be more excited to be a part of this new adventure!  I promise to bring back lots of photos -- of our excursions, of Spain, and of course, of the wedding!  It is sure to be amazing -- Sara is crazy with the planning and they've gone all out -- from having traditional paella as part of the meal to Flamenco dancers for entertainment during the reception. So forgive me if I'm a little absent over the next two weeks. I'm planning to have the trip of a lifetime. Don't worry, I'll take photos!

And to keep you occupied, a few shots from John and Sara's engagement session last spring (taken around the University of Florida's campus).






2 comments:

  1. OMG - what a dream trip! I am sure you will have a wonderful time! I have not left the continent often but when I did it was great - we didn't get caught up in much scheduling or having to do anything in particular - just enjoying the environment. And a wedding to boot! I am sure there will be great pictures to share when you return.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll have so much fun overseas! And shooting the wedding is even better :) Lots and lots of love,

    Shrig

    ReplyDelete