Saturday, May 1, 2010

Beachin'

I'm not really a beach girl. I didn't grow up close to a beach and we never really went there while I was growing up. Since we've been in Florida, we visit the beach a few times a year, usually for two hours or so, letting the girls play. And then we get bored, pack up and head back home.  This past week has been tough for both of us, with a lot of long days and some frustration for both of us at work. We talked about getting out of town for a few hours (especially since it's graduation!) and decided to head over to Cresent Beach for a few hours. I think we stayed at the beach longer today than we ever have -- four or five hours!  Annie has always loved the water, so she and Jared usually run right in and bound through the waves. But Bella, ah, my Bella, is so much more of a diva and doesn't like to get her toenails wet in a puddle, let alone in the waves. Afterall, they chase her!

So imagine how proud I was when we found an area of the beach with a sand bar and small tide pool that she willingly entered!!  Jared and Annie were out on the sandbar and she was just sure she should join them. After a bit of coaxing, she came out onto the sandbar and then played with her ball in the small tide pool!  So proud of my Bella-stump! 

And of course, some photos to prove, I mean, commemorate the occasion:

She really is happy to be hanging out with us at the beach.

Annie posing like a good pup.

Annie LOVES to swim!

Look! Feet in the water!

And even though I came away with a nasty sunburn, I'm glad we went. We spent a few hours just chi-laxing, talking, and hanging with each other. And really, that's what we both needed at the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment