Saturday, April 17, 2010

Who?

I'm like my mom. I get emotional (yes, I occasionally cry at commercials, sometimes at tv shows and always at sad movies). I overreact sometimes. Oh, and I plan. My mom can plan like nobody's business. She had my high school graduation party planned when I was a junior. She plans get-togethers, parties, trips, everyday events. Lists? We make them. Grocery lists, to-do lists, lists of our lists...


But I'm also like my dad. I can stand up and talk to a room of people. I'm not afraid to get dirty (When I wasn't in a barn growing up, I was in his garage -- usually organizing!). We share a sense of humor -- we can quote every line of Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein ("What knockers!" "Why thank you!"). And it was my dad that taught me to use a camera. Mama gave me my sense of emotion. Dad taught me to see it through a lens.

And it's because of this unique combination of traits that I can give you my prospective of the world. One different from anyone else's. Colored by my experiences, by my life.

So here's to the two people without whom, I wouldn't be here. Thanks Mom and Dad. :)

1 comment: