Monday, January 18, 2010

Horse Show!

Horse show season has started again. This past weekend was our first show of the season, Horse Shows in the Park at Canterbury Showplace in Newberry, FL. It was a weekend full of working out the kinks, getting back into the routine and still having fun despite the weather (which rained on Saturday and was gray and really windy on Sunday). We have a new addition to our show team, Sunny and her pony Rosie, who show in the short stirrup division. I always have fun taking photos at the horse show, but I had a BLAST taking photos of Sunny. This is a little girl who LOVES her pony!! She is the true story of the fairy tale little girl with a little white pony. I love her smile and how she hugs her pony after every class. It was so great to hang out with Sunny and her family this weekend, along with my other friends and horse show family. Aja and I made our first foray into the hunter world, competing in a Medal class. I was proud of how we both did for our first time, but I also know now what we need to work on for the future. Don't worry -- we're not abandoning the jumpers, just trying some new things and expanding our horizons. Besides, I wouldn't abandon Bailey out there alone! She and Danny did great this weekend as well. Ella brought two of her greenies in training to the show as well. Both were super stars and did well in their classes. Here are a few of my favorites from the show, the rest can be found on my gallery site.



Despite the noise in this one, I love this shot of Jack -- looks like a painting to me.



Sunny and her pony, Rosie.



Bailey and Danny in the 2'6 jumpers.



Jack in his first horse show!



Super Hottie!

No comments:

Post a Comment